Efforts towards Nuclear Safety Reform
TEPCO announced its Reassessment of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident and Nuclear Safety Reform Plan in an effort to reaffirm our commitment to the continuous improvement of nuclear safety, which has no bounds.
Thus, we established the "Nuclear Reform Special Task Force" led by our president in order to reform TEPCO's safety culture, safety measures, disaster prevention measures, risk/crisis control protocol, information disclosure, and risk communication methods.
At the same time, we established the "Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee" as an advisory body for the Board of Directors of TEPCO, organized by global and domestic experts. The Committee monitors and supports TEPCO's nuclear safety reform activities.
Learn more about the "Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee"
TEPCO shall continue to promote nuclear safety reforms in accordance with our unchanged resolution to "Keep the Fukushima Nuclear Accident firmly in mind; we should be safer today than we were yesterday, and safer tomorrow than today; we call for nuclear power plant operators that keep creating unparalleled safety."
Facility and Operational Safety Measures
- Enhancement of defense in depth
- Phased approach
- Design basis of preparations for damage to the reactor core and the prevention of dispersion of radioactive material
Managerial Safety Measures
- Improvement of safety consciousness
- Reform from top management
- Enhancement of oversight and support for management
- Improvement of technological capability
- Ability to propose defense-in-depth/ Capability for proposing defense-in-depth
- Enhancement of power station and head office emergency response capability
- Development of personnel for enhancing nuclear safety
- Improvement of the ability to promote dialogue
- Enhancement of risk communication activities
The Framework of Nuclear Reform
- Feb 9,2018
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2017 Third Quarter)"
- Nov 1,2017
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2017 2nd Quarter)"
- Aug 4,2017
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2017 First Quarter)"
- May 10,2017
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2016 4th Quarter)"
- Feb 10,2017
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2016 3rd Quarter)"
- Jan 30,2017
- Recent Topics:TEPCO HOLDINGS' INDEPENDENT MONITORING COMMITTEE ISSUES REPORT ON COMPANY'S SAFETY SELF-ASSESSMENT
- Jan 30,2017
- TEPCO'S SELF-ASSESSMENT OF PROGRESS REPORTED TO THE 12TH NUCLEAR REFORM MONITORING COMMITTEE
- Nov 2,2016
- Recent topics:PRELIMINARY RESPONSE TO SELF-ASSESSMENT, OTHER ADVANCES ARE HIGHLIGHTS OF LATEST TEPCO HOLDINGS NUCLEAR PROGRESS REPORT
- Aug 2,2016
- PROGRESS IN ICE WALL ACTIVATION, SEARCH FOR FUEL DEBRIS HIGHLIGHT LATEST QUARTERLY REPORT FROM FUKUSHIMA DAIICHI
- May 30,2016
- ADVANCES IN 'ICE WALL' FREEZING, KK ENHANCEMENTS, AND OVERALL SAFETY IMPROVEMENT HIGHLIGHT LATEST PROGRESS REPORT
- Feb 9, 2016
- LOW LEVELS OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS IN SEAWATER, SAFETY ENHANCEMENTS AT KASHIWAZAKI-KARIWA, HIGHLIGHT LATEST QUARTERLY REPORT
- Nov 20, 2015
- ADVANCES IN WATER, CLEANUP AT FUKUSHIMA UNITS 1 AND 3 HIGHLIGHTED IN LATEST PROGRESS REPORT ON NUCLEAR SAFETY
- Aug 24, 2015
- IMPROVEMENTS IN WATER MANAGEMENT, DISCLOSURE, WORKING CONDITIONS NOTED BY MONITORING COMMITTEE
- Mar 30, 2015
- LATEST QUARTERLY PROGRESS REPORT MARKS TWO YEARS OF PROGRESS IN IMPLEMENTING TEPCO'S NUCLEAR SAFETY REFORM PLAN
- Feb 3, 2015
- ADVANCES IN FUEL REMOVAL, WATER AT FUKUSHIMA NOTED IN MOST RECENT QUARTERLY REPORT
- Nov 5, 2014
- ADVANCES IN CLEANING WATER, SAFELY REMOVING NUCLEAR FUEL AT FUKUSHIMA CITED IN TEPCO'S MOST RECENT PROGRESS REPORT
- Aug 1, 2014
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2014 1st Quarter)"
- May 1, 2014
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2013 4th Quarter)"
- Feb 3, 2014
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2013 3rd Quarter)"
- Nov 1, 2013
- Regarding "Nuclear Safety Reform Plan Progress Report (FY2013 2nd Quarter)"
- Jul 26, 2013
- "Distribution of the documents reported at the Fourth Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee Meeting"
- Mar 29, 2013
- "Distribution of the document reported at the Third Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee Meeting"
- Dec 14, 2012
- "Documents Used in the Second Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee Meeting"
- Oct 12, 2012
- "Document Related to the First Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee Meeting"
- "(Attachment) Fundamental Policy for the Reform of TEPCO Nuclear Power Organization" (PDF 1.11MB)
- Sep 11, 2012
- "Framework for the Nuclear Reform"
- "(Attachment) New Framework for the Nuclear Reform" (PDF 20.2KB)